A toddler from Wigton, Cumbria was airlifted to Newcastle Royal Victoria Infirmary (RVI) after suffering significant burns to his face and chest when he got through a baby gate and poured a cup of tea over himself.
The incident occurred at his home, and he spent one week being treated at the RVI.
Rory's mother, Beth Smith, expressed gratitude to the medics for acting so quickly and stated that the outcome could have been different.
Rory Smith, a 17-month-old toddler, was taken to the Newcastle Royal Victoria Infirmary (RVI) after suffering burns from pouring hot tea on himself.
The incident occurred at his home in Wigton, Cumbria, when he managed to get through a baby gate.
Rory's mother, Beth Smith, stated that the incident started out like any other day.
She highlighted the importance of acting quickly and expressed gratitude to the medics for their support during Rory's treatment.
The story has been reported by the BBC News, with Beth Smith expressing her gratitude towards the medics for their quick response.
The article highlights how if not for the medics intervening so quickly, the outcome could have been different.
The report also provides context on the incident as the location where the accident happened, emphasizing how the issue can occur anywhere.
Other outlets, such as the Mirror, also report on the story but provide a minimal amount of information.
The Mirror's coverage emphasizes the fact that baby gates are not always enough to stop toddlers and adds comments from Beth Smith about how parents may be unaware of the risks of everyday items like hot drinks.
Overall, while the reports narrate different aspects, they all share the critical information that Rory suffered burns while pouring hot tea on himself and had to be taken to the hospital for a week.